Vocational College of Mechanical and Wood Engineering
Who we are
- SCHOOL CENTRE ŠKOFJA LOKA, Vocational College of Mechanical and Wood Engineering
- study of mechanical engineering and wood engineering
- full-time and part-time study
- professional vocational education in Škofja Loka since 1889
- vocational college since the academic year 2004/2005
Mission and Vision
- being recognized as a quality institution educating young people and adults in higher vocational education in mechanical engineering and wood engineering
- adapting to changes in the environment by updating and developing educational programmes
- participating in development projects with companies
- encouraging excellence in all fields of our activity
Why higher vocational education
Because you acquire new knowledge and competences.
Because you advance from service providers to process planners and supervisors, and you obtain:
professional knowledge which allows you to independently perform work processes
‘soft’ skills for process and project management.
Because you learn how to study: independent searching and studying of resources, analyzing data and making quality decisions.
Because you have a better chance of future employment.
Because you can pursue your studies in higher education programmes all the way to…
Course of study
presentation and interpretation of the study materials
Seminar exercises (compulsory)
- seminar exercises: group work in lecture rooms involving a lecturer or instructor and students
- laboratory work: practical examples with calculations, use of various computer software, laboratory and measuring equipment, machine tools and other devices
- basic source for study materials: notes and summaries of lectures, instructions and materials for exercises
- submission of seminar papers, reports and presentations
professional literature, manuals, journals, materials available online
- 40% of total study obligations
- 400 hours of work in a company in each academic year
- in a company and with the participation of a mentor.
- implementing and upgrading knowledge and skills in the entrepreneurial environment
- learning about key processes in a company
- being able to transfer knowledge into practice.
- meeting (potential) employers
- selection and processing of the topic for the diploma thesis.
Forms of practical training
- is performed at school to the same extent as practical training
- international projects in cooperation with schools, institutions and companies from Slovenia, Germany, Italy
Successful actual projects
- VACIDE Project – the Thor robot
- construction and manufacture of a six-axis robot
- 3D scanner usage and reverse engineering